Friday, August 06, 2010

Old Projects, New Post:
Amilie's Dresses

I realize I haven't updated this blog in a while, so I thought I'd post some stuff I did a while ago. It's good to be so busy that you don't have time for blogging, but I'm finally making some time to make these things public and write a bit about what I'm doing. That being said, the next few posts will be a little retroactive in nature.

In this post are little dresses I made for my 1 year old niece, Amilie, last year.

Photobucket
Yo Gabba Gabba inspired Foofa Dress July 2009

Photobucket
Spiderman Dress made out of a reconstructed t-shirt December 2009


I am currently working on some NDA protected projects with a couple designers and continuing to take on-line orders on my Etsy store for custom made comic book and videogame inspired items. The Spiderman dress was originally a shirt I had for sale on the Etsy page, but because of copyright issues Marvel had me remove my listing. It's been hard trying to balance creating completely original items that are inspired by certain "intellectual properties", so far it's only been Marvel. I think I tread the fine line. In the face of it all I am still very inspired by the art I find in comic books, as will be seen in my upcoming Comic Book Chic Line; and strongly believe that no-one can translate videogame pieces into the 3 dimensional world like I do.

I'm still trying to figure out my place as a designer... in the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with different ideas/methods and taking on freelance jobs. It is so gratifying to be able to help another designer put their ideas into motion, and there are very few things that compare to the feeling of seeing a project from inception to production. Hopefully I'll have pictures of my more private jobs when they're ready to be introduced to the market.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons